Monday, August 22, 2011

I Was A Good Samaritan- Monique Geisen


I do alot of community service with I Love a Clean San Diego. I Love A Clean San Diego (ILACSD) is an organization that goes all around San Diego county pick up trash, cleaning graffiti, and other things that help to clean up our environment. The first thing I ever did with ILACSD was Clean Up Chula Vista, it takes a couple hours where you go around a specific neighborhood in Chula Vista and pick up trash and paint over graffiti. If you go with friends it can actually be a really fun experience.
Most recently I did a beach clean up with them. We met at a park near the beach and then walked up and down the shore picking up trash. It is really disgusting what you find out there sometimes. We found a plethora of cigarettes and bottle caps. Something it makes me sad to find is the plastic that is around soda cans because they are really bad for the environment. Alot of times sea birds and turtles thinking they are food will try and eat them and end up getting their heads stuck in them and being strangled.

No comments:

Post a Comment