Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Good Samaritan

A few years ago back when I was in elementary school we had a jog-a-thon. me and friends were walking around the perimeter of the school after running to cool down. I was about 8 years old and so were my other two best friends at the time. I walking and as I walked into the grass area i did not see that there was a lid that covered the sprinkler drain on the ground. It was loose and i tripped over it and landed face first on to the black top. The wind immediately got knocked out of me. My friends did not know what was happening. I could not speak, i tried to but nothing came out. I lay there gasping for air and my best friends kept asking if I was alright. I was clutching my stomach because it hurt from the impact. After a few seconds I finally forced out the words "Go get coach." One of them ran over there and the other stayed with me. By the time the coach got back I could breathe better. I thought something was seriously wrong with me and I am grateful that they were there to get help and comfort me. I got back up a few minutes later and explained what had happened. After that incident, I knew they would always be there for me if I ever needed help when they were around.

No comments:

Post a Comment