Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Being A Good Samaritan Experience


I usually wait at the front of school to get picked up, but this time I walked to All Seasons Park -a park right next to my school - instead. When I arrive at the park I see the usual, kids playing in the playground, other students waiting to get picked up, but something catches my attention, a hat sitting alone on one of the benches in the park. I ignore it for awhile, thinking that it would get picked up by its rightful owner, but time passes by and I start to get concerned about the hat just laying there. I grabbed the hat and went to all the people at the park asking if it was theirs, but unfortunately, it was not, but then a guy came up to me asking if I saw a hat laying around the park. I replied with relief saying yes and handed it over to him. It felt good helping somebody out, because I know if that would have happened to me, then I would have been really worried and in denial. Good thing my mom did not pick me up around that time, because if she did, then I would not have done a good deed for someone, and also, myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment