Monday, August 22, 2011

Good Samaritan


One day while driving along the Garden State Parkway in Hazlet, New Jersey my family and I encountered an old man on the side of the road next to his car. We saw him struggling with a flat tired so we pulled over and helped him out. The actual good Samaritan here in this situation is my dad because he's the one who wanted to help this old man out. My dad got out and began to help him change his tire. After they were finished this old man offered my dad some money. My dad refused it because he didn't want the money at all. Which shows gratitude and integrity. He didn't help this man out for glory or for money. He helped this man out to just simply help him out. I remember asking my dad why he didn't take the money. Then he educated me with this, "I didn't help him out for the money i helped out to be a good person." This was definitely a learning experience that stay with me till today.

No comments:

Post a Comment