Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Being a Good Samaritan

There was a time when I was younger and my mom and I were driving on the freeway. As we drove, we noticed a man on the very right side of the lanes and his car was not starting. My mom and I had time to spare so we figured that we would help him out. As we got out of the car, the man immediately thanked us for stopping to help him. He did not know what was wrong with the car, but it turned out that he just did not have any gas. Therefore, my mom and I drove to the nearest gas station and bought him a gas container that we brought back for him. He then put the gas in and his car was ready to go. Before we left he thanked us again and offered to give us money. However, we did not accept the money because we did not mind helping him out for free. He then said "It is always nice to make new friends." We then got back into our car with a smile knowing we helped someone who was having a bad day into a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment