Wednesday, August 24, 2011

An Experience With a Good Samaritan


One rainy day after school,my mother had to do overtime at work,so I was forced to walk home.Unfortunately,I did not have an umbrella or a jacket,so the weather felt unbearable.It seemed very empty on the sidewalks since everyone must have had a ride back to their warm and cozy homes.Cars would taunt me as they passed by in their heated interior.Oh,the agony.I was not so sure if the cars did this on purpose or not,but water would splash on me when these automobiles ran over a puddle.It was not one of my best moments,but a courteous teenage boy came out of his car and ran to me.I did not know this guy,yet he went out of his way to hand me an umbrella.It would've been strange to have gotten a ride from a stranger,so I took the courteous gesture.He told me I was able to keep the umbrella and that was the last time I have ever seen him.It meant so much to me that he did that.It felt like there are still caring people who still believe in being a "Good Samaritan".

No comments:

Post a Comment