Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Power Outage Experience


The black out started when I was inside my room. I didn't really remember the time it occurred, but according to the other people's blogs, it happened around 3. I was relaxing in on my bed and suddenly the air conditioner did a low hum and turned off. I didn't really pay attention, thinking that one of my family members turned it off. But as the time progressed to 4, I finally went out of my room. The house was pretty silent, and my mom came to me and told me that there was a power outage. I didn't really expect much of it, thinking that the power would come back on soon, but as me and my mom went to Big 5 Sporting Goods, I figured it was a serious situation. It was pretty hectic inside the store and there was no lights. We grabbed our emergency supplies and eventually paid for them, then went home. As night time came along, the darkness was pitch black. I didn't really do anything afterwards, but when I woke up the next morning, I heard the television chatter humming around the house, and I was thankful that the power was back. Due to the power outage, I observed and realized that a lot of people (correct me if I'm mistaken) take advantage of electricity and don't really appreciate the privilege of having it until it's gone. During the power outage, I saw my neighbors hanging out in their backyards, relaxing - something they usually wouldn't do - and to me, it opened my mind to think about other things to do besides do things that depend on electricity to pass time. The power outage taught me that we need to appreciate not just the electricity, but all the things that we posses.

No comments:

Post a Comment