Monday, September 19, 2011

Good Sam Business Letter-Monique Geisen

Number 4 Privet Drive

Forks, Washington, 91917

19 September 2011


Mr. Kingsly Shacklebolt

Congressman

Olympian High School

1925 Magdalena Ave.

Chula Vista, California, 91916


Dear Mr. Shacklebolt,

The recent discussion over whether or not we should have a good Samaritan law troubles me. I feel this is not a discussion that should be taking place at all, a good Samaritan law poses problems for us all, and I strongly believe that imposing such a law would bring about a calamity.
With such a law many citizens would be sued for doing more damage then good when trying to help a person in danger. A law forcing people to act even if they may not know how to help in the situation is foolish. Though the idea of all people helping others without repercussions is appealing it is unrealistic. I believe that citizens should be allowed to help people to their own discretion. Let a persons ethics guide them, not the law.
I thank you kindly for your time and hope that you will take my argument into consideration. As a congressman it is your job to ensure the best for your people, and I assure this law is not it.

Cordially,



Monique N. Geisen

No comments:

Post a Comment