Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Black Out


When the black out started I was at band practice. I had no idea until towards the end of practice when Mr. Mabrey informed us it was pitch black in the band instrument/locker room. When practice ended and I had to put my bass drum away, which was a hassle, I heard a lot of people's phones ringing. Parents were calling to say that they could not pick up their child. Among these calling parents was my mom. She could not pick me up because her car was locked in the garage. She also said that if I get a ride they could drop me off at Vons because she had walked there. When I got to Vons, it seemed as if a Zombie Apocalypse was taking place. There was no ice, barely any water and people were running rampage through the store. We had to buy some food because our house did not contain a dinner for us to eat. After waiting in the Vons line for about 2 hours we finally got home. My dad grilled burgers and we enjoyed them on the patio in the bright moonlight. It was so quiet. We placed candles all around the house and then fell asleep on the couch. This experience makes me believe that electronics are heavily depended on but humans are adaptable human beings and may survive without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment