Monday, September 12, 2011

A Night Without Light


On Thursday, around 4 o'clock, the power in my house completely shut off. Surprised, I had my mom look into it and we soon discovered we weren't the only ones lacking electricity. At first I wasn't worried; I figured that the power would return in a couple of hours. However, a couple turned into 5 and it was too dark to work on my homework. There was only one thing I could do: nothing. When we received the call that there would be no school, a dance party erupted inside the darkness.
However, the black out made me realize one thing: people rely too heavily on electricity. So many people were panicking and running around like lunatics because they had "nothing to do without their T.V!!!" They soon had to find their way into the outside world and socialize - something that has been occurring less and less.
The black out showed them that it was possible to survive without the T.V. and lights for twelve hours. I finally got a chance to look up at the beautiful stars in the sky and, let me tell you, I'll never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment