Monday, September 12, 2011

The Black Out

During the black out on Thursday I was in Mrs. Freiermuth class taking a test. Before the lights went out in the classroom there was this high pitched sound like how people use on their I-phones. At first I thought the noise was from someones I-phone but then the lights went out. Then my friend checked his phone and he told me that all the lights in San Diego and parts of Arizona and Mexico were out. Most grocery stores were out of power, street lights were out, and all the resturants were also out of power. When I got home there were candles lit and windows open. Luckily I finished all my homework before it was dark. During the black out I ate lots of ice cream. My phone wasn't getting messages through (verizon) so I couldn't really text anyone. During the blackout I also noticed that people were walking around the neighborhood with flashlights and I also noticed that some people had generaters. I survived the black out by watching movies on my laptop. Most people depend on electricity for everything including me. So when the power went out it ruined a lot of peoples day. This event should of told most people that you shouldn't depend on electricity for everything and if it happens again you should be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment