Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The blackout shows us just how dependent we are on electricity. Even during the blackout I was still trying to turn on lights as I walked into rooms. When we grow up with something as simple as a switch that brings light into your life when it is taken away you realize just how much we rely on it. During the blackout I sat and did my homework by candlelight for the first time in my life. It was a peaceful to not be distracted by every bright or shiny object that I see next to me. My cell phone was only able to call people, I had no one to text or talk to. I was in a room with my family and you realize that the world does not have to run on electricity it is capable of running without it. The blackout was a good experience and opportunity to get back to simpler. See full size image

No comments:

Post a Comment