Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lights Out!


`As we all know, most of southern California, north Mexico, and parts of Arizona were effected by a major blackout, cause by some technical difficulties experienced when a worker was doing a routine check-up on the system. For me, when the blackout occurred not a lot happened in my neighborhood, but that was good, since I expected a lot of trouble making due to the lack of electricity. I expected this to happen elsewhere too, but as I later found out everyone was quite nice to each other, however my Mom told us of stories of gridlock traffic and fights over the last two ice bags. Suffice it to say it was a good experience since it brought everyone together in fact I enjoyed it. I look back on this event and I realize we are too dependent on electricity and I reflected that if one day we do not have access to it, things would change dramatically for the worse. Small blackouts are fine, they are fun, but extended ones will prove to be very unpleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment