Sunday, July 24, 2011

My Educational Experience

When my schedule changed and finally got Advanced Dance in one of my classes, I was excited and couldn't wait until 6th period. But when i looked at who my teacher will be, I was in shock that I didn't see Ms. Garcia's name but instead saw "Teacher F". I was quite confused and my peers told me that she got fired and another teacher from Otay Ranch High School took her place. My excitement went down and i became curious of how this new teacher will be. Later on, I saw some people that I honestly don't think that they deserve to be in this class. One of the reasons that this has happened was because there were no auditions when there was supposed to be one. When we entered the dance room, she was wearing her tennis shoes and just lets other people wear their shoes too. To me, it seemed disrespectful to the dance room and Ms. Garcia would never allow us to do such thing. As she was talking about the overview of the course, it sounded like the dance class became more of a P.E. class rather than a performing arts class. I was a little aggravated about that and I was just used to Ms. Garcia's way of teaching, even though I only had her for a year (but i spent more time with her than most of he Beginning Dance students last year since i was also in Color Guard). When she gave us a break, some students from the advanced class last year danced to one of Ms. Garcia's choreography. I looked at her and saw a slight smile. I felt quite sorry for her because it appears to me like she's a bit guilty because the teacher that we all wanted is not there and she's the replacement. Although, it's not her fault and it's also not Ms. Garcia's choice to leave. So I just fully accepted that we have a new teacher and things will be very different. I know the class that i look forward to everyday won't be the same anymore but I rather have the chance to dance and perform. I'll just think if this as making Ms. Garcia proud and I hope I'll see her during field show performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment