Sunday, July 24, 2011

Educational Experience

My first week of school was fairly okay. I have a great class schedule (besides the fact that I have math first thing in the morning) and it is always good to see your friends again.
One thing I disliked in the first week, was the P.E. presentation for the Habits of Mind on Friday. This year, and even the previous one, it felt like they were repeating themselves over and over. I felt it was almost impossible to give my full attention to them. Maybe it was because I saw the powerpoint last year or that I heard the exact same thing from other classes for three days straight. I understand that the College Readiness Skills can help you, but having to listen to what seems like the same exact lecture is quite boring (I swear I can almost memorize what they are about to say). The only time I liked learning about it this year was when we created posters in English and left it to our interpretation on explaining the College Readiness Skills.
Possibly I was just too tired (still adjusting) to listen to another Habits of Mind speech, but I am glad we can get started on our actual learning and begin week two.

No comments:

Post a Comment