Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bio - Amy Uyeda



Hello, My name is Amy Uyeda and I'm currently a sophmore at Olympian High School. I was born on October 20, 1996 in the beautiful city of San Digeo, California. Although I enjoy and appreciate the privilage of living in Chula Vista, Paradise Hills will forever be my hood. I'm Filipino and Japanese, which contributes to my small, slanted eyes. I attened confirmation classes every Tuesday at St. Michael's Catholic Church. I may not be a very religious person, but I find that the key to everythig is to keep a good faith. I've been a proud girl scout for 8 years, with the amazing blessing of having my dad as a troop leader. I've come to the conclusion of within those 8 years, my dad and I have grown closer together as he blends in his military morals with everyday situations in order to teach my troop and I, life lessons. My favorite time of year is definitely basketball season. I love everything about it, whether it be the adrenaline rush I get durring pre-game, or the presence of good company while watching a game on tv. I'm a starter for the Olympian Lady Eagles freshman basketball team, which came up undefeated at the end of the season. I'm 5"4 1/2, making me the shortest center on the team. In all honesty, I don't see my basketball team as a "team", but as a second family. When talking about the team, my sisters, or "teammates" always use the word "we" and never "I", which may seem small, but is in fact a very important thing to us. I love how so many friendships have started on the court, and have carried of the court. With the guidance of the almighty Coach Bob, and the willingness to learn, a group of gumps evolved into a team of champions. I will forever be proud to call myself a Lady Eagle.

No comments:

Post a Comment