Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bio- Loren Lavadia

My name is Loren Lavadia. I am fifteen and a half years old and was born and raised in the Philippines for 12 years. My family is filled with musicians or other performing artists. Many of my close relatives play multiple musical instruments, sing, or dance. In my case, ever since I was young, I have always loved dancing even though i didn't know basic dance techniques. I just loved the feeling of being free and graceful. Other than that, I also sing but unlike my sister, I only sing at home or at rare occasions since I prefer to showcase my dance skills rather than my voice. I have also played the violin for 2 years but stopped learning a year ago. Last year, I wanted to challenge myself and try different things. At the same time, I also wanted to improve my dance skills. When i've heard of color guard, I thought it would perfectly suit my goal for my freshman year since it included dancing. Even though we didn't do as much dancing during marching season, I did learn some basic tosses with the flag. In addition, I also made great friends with the band and the color guard. During winter guard season, i learned more difficult tosses and more dancing. But along with the stress and bruises, I made great memories and learned not only in dancing and color guard skills but also in working with a team.

This is one of our performances in which we placed first.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXTBKSN-Ums&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment