Sunday, July 24, 2011

An Educational Experience

On the first day of school I discovered that I had AP Biology on my schedule, a class that I specifically asked my counselor to not give me. When I showed up to the class, I was completely unprepared and lost; there was a summer assignment that most of the students had already begun and and all of them looked like they belonged in that class. I did not. I had never felt more stupid, but was comforted by the idea that this was a mistake on my counselor's part and she had to fix this. As I sat there and listened to how the class was run, I was able to get an idea of what to expect for the year to come, the year in which I would sign up for this class and show up prepared. At first I considered this a bad educational experience, but I have come to the conclusion that this was actually a positive one and now I know the level of difficulty of this class that I plan on taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment