Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My AP World Book


This is my AP World History textbook. It is more than what meets the eye. On the week that we received the books, I reached all the way to the top of the shelf in hopes of getting a nice edition. The book was used, torn, and written on, but it ended up being my best friend the first few weeks of school.

In 12 point font, my textbook held the key to success in my class. Every page turned was pure agony written in a college-leveled way.Centuries,millenniums,and continuous eras later, I'm brought upon a new chapter. The pages were slowly fading in to a yellowish brown, the cover is scratched up, and the pages seem to have writing all over it.

When you start reading the first sentence of a chapter, the natural instinct is to just give up and not read any further. You must persevere through that to really get an idea on what you're reading. For hours on end, the rest of the night would be spent reading word for word while multitasking and making notes about it as well.After about a few hours, my hand aches,the ink in my pen starts to dry out,and the migraines are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment