Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cement III's - Amy Uyeda

I see it. I want it. I need it. There they are. The highly anticipated Cement III's, showcased a week early in the middle of Champ's. The bright red interior, the burnt orange tag, complimenting the sleek white, all packaged into the og box. What more could a person want?

January 21, 2011 and January 22, 2011. Two days I will never forget. It all started on Friday night. My mom drove my cousin Marcus and I to Westfeild Plaza Bonita. There we waited from 1:00 am to 6:00 am. Once six o'clock hit, everyone ran into the mall, all with the desire to be first in line. I ran after my cousin, who was a good fifty feet ahead of me. I usually despise running after anything other than a basketball, but for some reason, I was okay with it. After huffing and puffing, I finally realized that we were the first two people in line at Champs. Two by two, they started letting people into the store.

"Size seven, please." Are the exact words I spoke to one of the employees. As he walked out of the stalk room, my eyes were glued to the shoebox carried under his right arm. As he rang me up for $150.00, all I could think about was me walking around my house in them. Walking out the doors of Champs, I noticed I had a little pep in my step and a smile on my face. The anticipation, always ending with satisfaction. I will continue to camp out for new Jordan releases until I am physically unable to. I live for the whole experience over and over again.

Amy Uyeda period 3

No comments:

Post a Comment