Thursday, October 13, 2011

Progressing Through Pain


Some progression comes at a cost, like the progression I made over the two week break. Initially, I was extremely excited for a break from school as I knew I would be free from the stresses of school drama. Unfortunately, there was drama in my own household.
My dad was angry with me for small reasons. "Your softball skills aren't progressing fast enough!" He said, "And your style! It's.... Horrid."
I was horror-struck. Are these harsh words supposed to be said from a father? How am I supposed to respond?
My sister didn't take my side. My mom didn't even speak. I was alone and I needed someone to talk to. That was when I learned who my REAL friends were.
I spent hours talking with my best friend about my family issues and she stood by me the whole time. She encouraged me to not let things get me down, but to stand up and speak my own mind.
And I did.
And now, I have progressed in the fact that I have found her friendship even more special. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment