Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Personal Growth


My first two weeks of break was mostly focused on our color guard practices. Even though I am not an official leader for our school's color guard, I am considered in-charge of the back guard (the flags). The back guard was mostly consisted of new members which means we have to work harder together so that everyone can understand and remember the choreography and movements of our songs. However, as a returning member, it is disappointing and unfair for my part that the new members keep making the same mistakes with almost no progress within the 3 months of practice. And because I am in-charge, I also felt like I was not a very strong leader. Because my sister was the lieutenant of the color guard last year, I learned how to be a better leader and a better teacher (of the techniques) for the back guard. I became more strict but still continued to motivate them for the sake of our team. As we get closer to our first competition, I may get even stricter_a side of myself that I have never been before_just so the team will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment