Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Personal Growth Over the Break

Over the two week break I experienced a personal growth in becoming more independent. On the first Saturday of break I flew to Newark, New Jersey with my grandma; this meant that I had to be the individual who had to take care of another, instead of the other way around. I've taken care of my grandma before, but an airport is a completely different setting that made me worry for her safety. While on the plane, I reflected on my thoughts, learning that I felt like the adult taking care of the vulnerable and gullible and my grandma the child who relies on the adult.  Moreover, it was a lot of pressure for me, considering that my mom and uncle were worried that I might be responsible enough to fly cross country with my grandma. So when I finally was in the presence of my uncle across the country, I not only felt relieved but a feeling of responsibility as well.  The fact that I was across the country away from my parents made me feel even more responsible and independent, which I believe was my own personal growth during the two week break.

No comments:

Post a Comment